*A GOVERNMENT OF INDIA INITIATIVE *…………
*BE SMART,BE PREPARED *
DISASTER SURVIVAL GUIDE
The frequency and intensity of disasters are increasing the world over. These can lead to colossal human and economic losses. Awareness is key to minimising these losses.
Some disasters strike without warning, others give ample lead time for preparedness. Whatever the case may be, an understanding of things one should or should not do before, during and after a disaster can spell the difference between safety and risk.
This book aims to empower the citizens with the right knowledge to judiciously deal with crisis situations.
This crisp and informative document would enable the common man to prepare and manage disasters more effectively.
The International Day for Disaster Reduction is an international day that encourages every citizen and government to take part in building more disaster-resilient communities and nations.
The 2023 International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction under the theme “Fighting Inequality for A Resilient Future” addresses the connection between disasters and inequality.
The day celebrates how people and communities around the world are reducing their exposure to disasters and raising awareness about the importance of reining in the risks that they face.
Providing a safe learning environment for the children is of utmost importance for a frontrunner school. At Bal Bharati Public School Noida, there is total commitment towards making the school a safe place for students. For total vigilance and safeguarding the students, the following measures have been taken:
- Access to the school building is monitored and regulated. Security guards do not allow anyone other than the school employees and students to enter the school premises. Visitor’s entry is restricted to authorization by the Principal.
- The building has 5 exits which enables smooth dispersal of students as well as allows for rapid evacuation in case of any disaster.
- The school is surrounded on all sides by a boundary wall of height 10 feet with a grill and barbed wire to check truancy as well as intrusion.
- The School building is illuminated at night with flood lights.
- Security cameras are installed to monitor the activities of the school and total vigilance.
- Adequate number of Fire Extinguishers are installed at various locations for firefighting in emergencies. Fire safety drills are conducted regularly.
- Rapid exit - Master Plan for Evacuation, to be used in instances of disaster are displayed on each floor.
The safety and security of
the students is of paramount importance to us, at BBPS, Noida. The school makes all necessary efforts and arrangements to ensure that the children remain safe and protected at all times.
Keeping this in mind, we are sharing a video showcasing the guidelines to be followed by all Private Van Operators ferrying students to and from school.
It is a sincere appeal to the parents to ensure that the safety guidelines are followed by the Private Van operators and drivers.
Let’s join hands to educate and empower our young minds to stay safe and secure at all times!